Thursday, November 11, 2010

Two Good and Two Bad

 I think this one is my least favorite. It was the first photo in the shoot that I took, and I just don't feel inspired by it, whatsoever. It just doesn't feel like it has anything special. 
 I liked this photo before taking it, but after the way the lighting turned out, I wasn't impressed. I liked the concept, but not so much the way it ended up being portrayed in the photograph.

This picture can almost accurately sum up my life. Volleyball is a meaningful thing in my life, and the angle that the picture is in, almost gives it not an eerie feeling, but kind of just mysterious. I really liked the way the exposure and the black and white turned out.

This picture is one of my favorites that I took. I loved the way the black and white turned out, along with the way that the lighting looked. With it being mid-day, I was expecting more of a glare, and was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB CHEY!!!! I am very impressed that you pulled this all together - got your blog up and your photos show that you really payed attention to the elements and principles of Composition & Design. It is great that you photographed things that you are passionate about - volleyball! Great converging line here. I like how you turned some b&w and some sepia. Are you doing this on your camera or in an editing software? Please remind me of your camera and what software(if any) do you have? I LOVE the cropping of the feet with the train tracks - very bold photo in terms of shape and line. Photographing in the Fall gives you great light and color which you have here in several pics throughout your shoot. I like the b&w "good" pic you have her a lot - it show a strong sense of time of day and "light" which is very important to good photography. I can tell already you have a great eye! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete